Posted: February 5, 2024
Electric Vs. Propane Appliances
What is the difference and what is better?
We often debate a wide variety of things within our lives. Of course, there are politics. Maybe there is an ongoing debate between you and your partner or friend about who is a better driver. And, for many, there is a debate over electric versus propane appliances.
What are electric appliances?
It will probably come as no surprise that electric appliances are appliances that are powered by electricity. Some examples of electric appliances are certain stoves, toaster ovens, microwaves, refrigerators and dishwashers. They need either power or an electric grid to run and operate. This means that if your power were to go out your electric appliances would not work until the power returned.
What are propane appliances?
Propane is a specific type of gas. While you be able to infer, propane appliances are powered by propane. Unlike electric appliances, they do not need power grids or electricity to work and operate.
Advantages of propane gas appliances
Propane gas appliances offer a lot of benefits and advantages that electric appliances simply can’t provide. Here is a look at a few:
- Cooking on any type of stove – gas, electric or wood – is going to produce a certain amount of particulate matter. There is really no avoiding this issue, at least at this point in time. But you can avoid producing methane gas, a potent greenhouse gas, by cooking on a propane stove. This is better for both the environment and your health.
- As we mentioned above, you can’t rely on electric appliances to work if there’s a power outage. But this is not the case when it comes to propane powered appliances, which is a huge plus for both homeowners and business owners.
- Electric appliances don’t usually work as efficiently as propane powered appliances do. Propane appliances tend to get their jobs done at a faster speed. On average, they usually cost about 40% to 60% less than electric appliances do. This, plus their high efficiency levels add up to a pretty significant cost savings.
- Propane happens to be a clean burning greenhouse gas that produces less carbon emissions than electricity. It is also non-toxic and, therefore, not an environmental hazard. The fact that propane is clean burning helps the appliances that it powers last longer as well.
Turn to Tidewater Energy for propane and propane appliance installation
If you are in the Eastern North Carolina area and need a professional to install propane gas appliances in your home, the technicians at Tidewater Energy can help. On top of propane appliance installation we offer:
- 24-hour emergency service to our customers
- Reliable propane delivery and the option of automatic delivery
- Affordable service plans and pricing and payment options that help you manage your propane costs in a way that is specific to your needs and your budget
Leave the installation of your propane appliances to the experts at Tidewater Energy and never feel like you’ll be without propane again. Contact Tidewater Energy today to start receiving reliable propane services!